There are different breathing techniques which can help you cope with different problems, all you have to do is find the right one that suits your needs. For example, touching the palate with your tongue and then breathing can help you relieve stress and fall asleep immediately. This breathing technique is very beneficial for people suffering from insomnia. It may seem a bit silly at first but you should try it out and see for yourself. It really helps a great deal.
This trick is highly beneficial for people who have difficulty falling asleep. It is a simple exercise which you can do in less than 60 seconds.
#2 How To Use
1. Place the tip of your tongue against the roof of your mouth. You want it to be right against the area of tissue that’s located just behind your upper front teeth. It should also stay there all throughout this entire exercise.
2. Exhale all the way out and completely through your mouth, expelling the air with a whoosh sound.
3. Close your mouth and without making any noise inhale through your nose for a count of four.
4. Hold your breath for a count of seven seconds
5. Exhale completely through your mouth, again making a whoosh sound, for a count of eight seconds
The steps above should have all been one complete breathe cycle with the exhalation part having taken you twice as long as the inhalation portion. Repeat the process for three more cycles and thus a total of four breaths. Make sure that you exhale at all times through your mouth and some people have found that it can also help if you try pursing your lips ever so slightly. You should try to practice it ideally 2x a day and it also works to relieve tension, stress, upsetting events, and when you’re trying to fall asleep.